Implemented and deployed web-based survey instrument supporting social psychological research, built using open source software with almost no budget. This was a total success. The results were published by primary investigators in JPSP. The full report is available here.
- programmed web-based survey system from scratch to meet project requirements
- complex survey design, with multiple logical jump paths through the survey questions
- supported wide range of input methods unique to social psychology
- key achievement: long-term
- Longitudinal survey over 2 months, with user-following requirements and high social maintenance
- developed for Apache/Postgresql/Perl technology stack
- cross-platform deployment: developed on Linux system, deployed on Windows XP in cygwin environment
This article was originally written June 1, 2013.